So, I've come to realize that I am literally unable to relax on a holiday. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that I am gone for 12+ hours a day during the week for work. That is in no way a complaint, but it gets frustrating when there's a bunch of stuff I'd like to get done at home, but I'm not home to do it. Or maybe it is because we are leaving on Saturday for a one week trip to Oklahoma, but regardless, it was a busy day!
Monday was Columbus Day and the government views that as an official holiday. The school districts (or at least the one Tom works at) doesn't. So I had the day off and Tom had to go to work.
Rather than stretching my "to do list" out over the whole weekend, I saved it all for Monday. Makes sense, right?! So I got up, ate breakfast and watched some Hulu. Great start to a holiday, right? Then the work began and I just couldn't stop.
I cleaned up the backyard, even though I was convinced at any minute a rat was going to come popping out.... :S
Then I picked up the bonus room, making room for the trend mill we don't have a place for. (The trend mill and I aren't friends right now... I'm way too out of shape for that sucker).
Then I stumbled across a couple of photo albums from high school and college. Oh the memories!
Then I figured, since I had the day off, I would try to finish the crafts I should have finished at Super Saturday almost two months ago, but, in the process ended up breaking my sewing machine needle near the end of the project. And rather than changing the needle and actually completing the project, I realized it was 1pm and I hadn't even showered yet.
Because we are flying to Oklahoma on Saturday, I wanted to make some muffins with the tons of shredded zucchini I have in the freezer, so I did that and finished laundry.
That's when Tom came home and one would think that I would slow down and hang out with my husband. But for whatever reason, wires were crossed in my head and I kept going. (Maybe I get that FROM my husband :P) So, I convinced him to help me take the dogs for a walk and wash our cars, but not at the same time, of course.
We decided that we would utilize Tom's new GPS and do some geocaching for FHE.
And Tom and I decided to start reading "Jesus, the Christ" together before bed. You want a book that’s hard to understand, read that one!
So, I'm not sure if I should be impressed with myself for accomplishing so much around the house for one day, or frustrated because I didn't take a great opportunity to relax from everything and enjoy the day off....
And, after re-reading this post, I realized my day reminds me of the children's book "If you give a mouse a cookie". I am no longer impressed or frustrated...more embarrassed by my A.D.D. day.
Monday was Columbus Day and the government views that as an official holiday. The school districts (or at least the one Tom works at) doesn't. So I had the day off and Tom had to go to work.
Rather than stretching my "to do list" out over the whole weekend, I saved it all for Monday. Makes sense, right?! So I got up, ate breakfast and watched some Hulu. Great start to a holiday, right? Then the work began and I just couldn't stop.
I cleaned up the backyard, even though I was convinced at any minute a rat was going to come popping out.... :S
Then I picked up the bonus room, making room for the trend mill we don't have a place for. (The trend mill and I aren't friends right now... I'm way too out of shape for that sucker).
Then I stumbled across a couple of photo albums from high school and college. Oh the memories!
Then I figured, since I had the day off, I would try to finish the crafts I should have finished at Super Saturday almost two months ago, but, in the process ended up breaking my sewing machine needle near the end of the project. And rather than changing the needle and actually completing the project, I realized it was 1pm and I hadn't even showered yet.
Because we are flying to Oklahoma on Saturday, I wanted to make some muffins with the tons of shredded zucchini I have in the freezer, so I did that and finished laundry.
That's when Tom came home and one would think that I would slow down and hang out with my husband. But for whatever reason, wires were crossed in my head and I kept going. (Maybe I get that FROM my husband :P) So, I convinced him to help me take the dogs for a walk and wash our cars, but not at the same time, of course.
We decided that we would utilize Tom's new GPS and do some geocaching for FHE.
And Tom and I decided to start reading "Jesus, the Christ" together before bed. You want a book that’s hard to understand, read that one!
So, I'm not sure if I should be impressed with myself for accomplishing so much around the house for one day, or frustrated because I didn't take a great opportunity to relax from everything and enjoy the day off....
And, after re-reading this post, I realized my day reminds me of the children's book "If you give a mouse a cookie". I am no longer impressed or frustrated...more embarrassed by my A.D.D. day.
No comments:
Post a Comment