Tuesday, January 1, 2013

White Christmas 2012


Oh my goodness!  I love Christmas!! And I can't believe its already over. Tom and I had a wonderful Christmas.  We went up to Idaho to spend the holidays with Tom's amazing parents.  They so graciously opened their home to my family; my parents and siblings came up on Christmas Eve. We were sad that Tim, Sara, and Tanner weren't able to make it, but we were able to enjoy Christmas with them early and through Skype   So here are some highlights from the awesome week we has in Idaho:


  • Playing in the snow. Part of me wasn't really looking forward to this part.  Even though I spent 4 cold winters in Idaho, I've become re-California-ized.  But we got to ride on a 4-wheeler, threw snowballs for Brindle, take fun pictures and enjoy the beauty of winter, which really we don't get in the Antelope Valley.
Scary story: When Tom and I were driving up his parent's mile long drive way to their house, we had to stop and put chains on the truck because it was quite slick.  Tom put the truck in park and went to get the chains out of the bed of the truck.  I had climbed out to help him but wasn't behind the truck.  Apparently, the tires had zero traction and started sliding backwards, even though it was in park, all while Tom was behind the truck.  I completely froze, didn't know what to do... By a miracle, Tom was able to gain enough traction to get out from behind the truck, climb in the cab and turn the stirring wheel so the truck would quit sliding   Good thing he was able to move so quickly...


Jungle Rosie


Brian plowing the road leading up to their house

Tom taking out the trash










Oreo cows!  :)

  • Holly and I spent Christmas Eve day preparing for the arrival of the Young clan baking cookies and making chili.  We had a great time!


  • Christmas this year was mostly about hanging out and enjoying each other.  




  • On Christmas Eve and Christmas day, we kept things pretty traditional.




My dad and Jordan preparing to play with their new toys--guns!

My cute parents

Dad and he sweet new shotgun

This is my awesome action shot.  If you look close enough, you can see the shell coming out of the gun and the new one loading into the chamber.

  • We had the wonderful opportunity to spend the day after Christmas in the Brigham City temple with my little sister.  It was great and I'm sure grateful for Kylee and her willingness to serve!


The Young's were a bit out of our element with all that snow...



  • After the temple, we went to a great steak place called Maddox in Brigham City.  It was amazing!!
Blake and Desi joined us!



Jordan dubbed this the corn twinkie... it was corn bread in the shape of corn.  Good times!



We had a wonderful week in Idaho and we sure were sad to have the week go by so quickly.  We can't wait until we can head back up there again. And maybe when its not snowing :P



1 comment:

reesmc said...

at first glance, tom's dad looks like tom skerrett in "a river runs through it"