Thanksgiving is already come and gone. Crazy!!
No trips to Hawaii this year. We stayed at home. Which was great!! We hung out with my parents and aunt and ate. A lot. I spent Wednesday night baking in preparation for the big meal. I was super nervous things where going to turn out, but they tasted just fine. I made sugar free pumpkin pie, sugar free apple pie (which looked more like dehydrated apple pie), Texas sheet cake, and my great grandma's rolls. Here's some pictures:
My parent's kitty, Oliver.
Another kitty, Ursula
Catching up on the news
Checking out the Black Friday deals. I didn't go shopping, but Tom did. At 5am, he ventured into Staples, which wasn't busy at all.
Tom carving the turkey
Tom's turkey rose
YUM!
This is my pathetic looking apple pie. The apples weren't dry, but they sure look it.
Getting attacked by the Kanga.
Chester forgot to put his dentures in...
Naturally, I spent some time reflecting on thinks I am grateful for.
- I am grateful for my wonderful family. Both my immediate family and my in-laws are great examples to me and I appreciate the sacrifices they have made.
- I am grateful for the gospel. I literally cannot imagine what my life would without it. I'm forever grateful for the sacrifices those before me made to allow me to live the life I have.
- I am grateful for the priesthood and to be surrounded by worthy priesthood holders. I'm grateful to have the priesthood in my home.
- I am grateful to live in America, where my family has the opportunity to enjoy freedoms we have, freedoms a lot of people in the world don't have. I'm grateful for those brave men and women, past, present, and future, who allow those freedoms to be possible.
- I'm grateful for temples, and for the opportunity we have to get a little piece of heaven here on earth.
- I am grateful for modern conveniences. I mean, really? Running water? Indoor toilets? Who wouldn't be grateful for that?!
No comments:
Post a Comment