I really wish I would have thought to do something like this on Mother's Day, but I was too busy procrastinating the Mother's Day gifts I made (more on that later).
Yesterday was Father's day; I hope that doesn't come as a surprise to you. It is a great day to show the father figures in your lives your appreciation for all that they've done for you. So I thought I would introduce you to those men in my life.
My Husband: The Father of our Future Children
(Please don't take that as an announcement, because it's not.) This man I chose to father my children and I couldn't have asked for a better one. He is the most patient, understanding man I know. (He does put up with me every day, which speaks volumes of his character). He is so good with children (even if his policy is to corrupt a child with some obnoxious game or toy that will torture their parents later. I'm sure that policy will change once he's on the other side of the fence :P). He works hard and puts his whole heart into everything he does. He always has your best interest in mind. Plus, I have to say he gives the BEST gifts because he puts so much thought and effort into it. I love you, Thomas.
My Father: My Hero
My dad has always been my hero. I had the rare opportunity to watch my dad put on the US Air Force uniform every day for 20 years. He passed on to me the love of his country and respect for its flag. He taught me love and patience for others, forgiving others and giving them the benefit of the doubt. He taught me to serve and NEVER to complain (I'm still learning that one). I saw this online and very much reminded me of my dad:
I would add one more phrase to this that I heard ALL the time growing up, and only because I really needed to hear it: "You can't control how other's react. You can only control you". Boy, do I live by those words now!
My Father-in-Law
This is the faithful father of my husband. He raised my husband and brother-in-laws in the gospel and taught them to love each other and serve. Most importantly, he is a great example to his boys of how to love and cherish their spouses and faithfully fulfilling their priesthood duties. I am grateful for him and his example and dedication.
My Grandfathers
Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of them in my possession, which makes me sad, but I love them and miss them with all my heart. They lived through the Great Depression, World War II and came out that much stronger. The struggles and sacrifices they made in their lives made it possible for me to have the life I have today. Without them, I honestly don't know where I would be. I look forward to the day when I see them again and thank them for all they did for me.
My Adopted Dad
This man is an incredible example to me. I've only known him for a short time, but it feels like so much longer. He has had many struggles in his life, but he has taught me how to overcome those struggles and come out on top with a good attitude. Anytime I encounter a trial, I think of my dear friend Blake and how he has overcome some much and continues to truck through life with a smile on his face and a good attitude, I know I can do the same. Thanks Blake!
There are countless other men who have influenced me every day that I have to thank. I can't even begin to name each by name, but thank you. Thanks for the lessons you've taught me and the examples you are.





No comments:
Post a Comment